Wednesday 13 May 2020

Irene's Challenges - I need the question

Hi there!

It's Irene. First things first: I need some introduction.
Lo primero es lo primero: necesito presentación.

How, you ask? Easy, with a challenge. Are you familiar with the word challenge?
¿Cómo, me preguntáis? Fácil, con un reto. ¿Os suena la palabra reto? 
It appears everywhere on YouTube and the internet in general, and it is both a verb and a noun. 
Aparece por todas partes en YouTube e internet en general y es tanto un verbo como un nombre.
As a verb, it means "retar", and as a noun it's "reto".
Como verbo significa retar y como nombre significa reto.

So, I challenge you. Every two weeks, I'll post some activities for you to try. 
Así que, os reto. Cada dos semanas, subiré algunas actividades para que probéis.

This week I'm giving you some answers, and I want you to make the questions.
Esta semana os doy algunas respuestas y quiero que vosotros me deis las preguntas.
For instance: if the answer is "Irene" the question that you need is "what's your name?"
Por ejemplo: si la respuesta es "Irene" la pregunta que necesitáis es "¿cómo te llamas?"
It doesn't matter if you don't know some, just write the ones you can do and number them in the comments. I'll read them.
No importa si no sabéis algunas, escribid las que podáis hacer y numeradlas en los comentarios. Las leeré.

See you in the comments!


GLOSSARY:
First things first (expr) - Lo primero es lo primero.

Introduction (n) - Presentación.

Are you familiar with...? (expr) - ¿Te suena...? (literalmente "¿estás familiarizado?")
Por ejemplo, en este caso "Are you familiar with the word challenge?" es "¿te suena la palabra challenge?" Recuerda que you significa tú y vosotros, así que tambien lo podría traducir como "¿os suena?"

Everywhere - Por doquier, por todos lados. 

Challenge (v., n.) - V: retar N: reto

Every two weeks (expr)- Cada dos semanas
Utilizamos every+tiempo para decir "cada X tiempo". Por ejemplo "I go to the hairdresser's every three months" es "voy a la peluquería cada tres meses"

For instance (expr)- Por ejemplo. Es lo mismo que for example.

It doesn't matter (expr)- No importa

Number (n, v) - N: número V: numerar


3 comments:

  1. What is your favourite literary genre? A very interesting sci-fi novel.

    So am I. I love science fiction novels and films. Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually thinking about the book I'm reading now (The Stars are Legion by Kameron Hurley), but science fiction is one of my fav genres!

    ReplyDelete